Take Action on the Safe Communities Act
The Safe Communities Act (S.1305/H.3269) would protect the health, civil rights and safety of all state residents in a time of unprecedented targeting of immigrants.
The bill had overwhelming support at its June 9 hearing and is now awaiting action by the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security.
The bill’s lead sponsors, Senator Jamie Eldridge and Representative Juana Matias, have written a “Dear Colleague” letter to the Committee Chairs asking for a favorable report of the Safe Communities Act, and we need your state legislator to sign on to the letter.
We are asking you to do two things today:
1. Forward this action item to at least 10 other people.
2. Call your legislators TODAY and ask them to sign on to the Dear Colleague letter circulated by Rep. Matias and Sen. Eldridge.
- Please find out – has your legislator signed the (NEW) Dear Colleague letter in support of SCA?
- Let your legislator know that you strongly support this SCA and that you are committed to seeing it passed.
Find MORE INFO on the DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER here:
Denise Garlick is a co-sponsor of the SCA but a call to her to let her know of your support and thanking her for co-sponsoring is certainly worthwhile.
Neither Ross nor Rush have signed on as of yet.
- Senator Richard Ross (precincts a,b,c, i,j): Phone: 617-722-1555
- Senator Mike Rush (precincts d,e,f,g,h): Phone: 617-722-1348
- Representative Denise Garlick (all precincts): Phone: 617-722-2810