The BACK FROM THE BRINK Resolution
Physicians for Social Responsibility, Massachusetts Peace Action, and the Union of Concerned Scientists ask you to have your Needham Town Meeting Members support:
The Back From the Brink Resolution
at the Upcoming Town Meeting
Beginning May 6th, 2019
Back from the Brink is a grassroots effort to reduce the risk of nuclear war by calling upon our federal leaders and our nation to spearhead a global effort to prevent nuclear war by:
- Renounce the first use of nuclear weapons
- Terminate the president’s unlimited authority to launch a nuclear attack
- Take nuclear weapons off of hair trigger alert
- Cancel the $1.7 trillion plan to “enhance” our nuclear arsenal
- Pursue a verifiable international agreement among all nuclear weapons states to eliminate their nuclear arsenal.
See the Full Language of the Resolution HERE
Tell your Town Meeting Members to vote YES on Back from the Brink and join Brookline, Newton, Somerville, Northampton, Los Angeles and other cities and towns in sending this message to our leaders.
List of Town Meeting Members by Precinct – The List Has Been Updated
For more information contact Joseph McCabe M.D. for the Needham Back From the Brink Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org